Econet Wireless Zimbabwe CEO, Douglas Mboweni
Through our robust operating model, we are overcoming disruptive technology cycles and strong economic headwinds. The declining voice revenues will be eased by incentives and packages that suit declining disposable incomes and growing our broadband through wider 4G/LTE coverage, offering affordable smartphones and rolling out fibre to the home.
The ongoing cash shortages and the shortage of nostro value may impact on our ability to continously invest in the network. We will continue to be prudent in managing our external obligations.
Our focus will also be on growing mobile financial services through promoting EcoCash as a premier mobile merchant payment platform and broadening our mobile insurance offering. We are entering the media services space to enable us to offer media and entertainment services for our clients creating further headroom for value growth.
2016 annual report
- View Econet Wireless Zimbabwe 2016 Annual Report
- View Econet Wireless Zimbabwe FY 2015 financial results
- View Econet Wireless Zimbabwe FY 2015 presentation
- View key investor valuation and trading data
- Visit the Econet Wireless Zimbabwe Limited Investor relations website
- Visit the corporate website: Econet
- Follow Econet on Facebook or Twitter
- Sign up for news alerts from Econet Wireless Zimbabwe