Annabelle Degroot: Zambrew Finance DirectorProspects
- Anticipating a real slow down in Q4. Currency impact remains uncertain.
- Power and water restrictions will remain a major concern and will add significant cost in the second half.
- Focus areas will include ensuring affordability across all categories.
- Castle Lite smuggling will come to an end in the period driving Castle Lite sales.
- We will continue to closely manage costs to cope with the reality of the impact of the depreciated Kwacha on our results.
- Strategic infrastructure investments will go ahead as planned on the premise of future growth and government positive response with the reduction of excise back to 40%.
- Our Maltings plant will come on stream in March 2016.
- Cassava value chain and the Eagle brand will be a top priority for the second half.
- We continue to engage with SEC and LUSE to address the 75% shareholding requirement.
HY 2016 financial results presentation
View Zambian annual reports
View Zambian Breweries plc section
View National Breweries plc section