TNM Managing Director Mr. Williem Swart
Blantyre, February 24, 2015—Telekom Networks Malawi Limited, a premier mobile telecommunications operator in Malawi is pleased to announce the completion of its acquisition of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) Business and related assets of Burco Electronics Systems Limited effective 1st January 2015.
“Following the approval of the Competition and Fair Trading Commission (CFTC) we would like to announce the completion of the transaction in which TNM will take over the Internet Service Provider (ISP) Business and related assets of Burco Electronic Systems Limited. The transaction has now gone through all legal and regulatory processes and is now completed,” said Managing Director, Willem Swart.
“We are very excited to welcome all previous Burco Customers to the TNM family, and believe the efforts of our combined teams will bring added value and greater opportunity to all our customers, our business partners and the country as a whole.” added Swart.
TNM brings access to additional resources including technological innovations, supply chain and a world class service organization to the existing business of Burco. TNM’s strategic vision is to create best-in-class communication solutions in Malawi. Therefore the acquisition of the ISP Business and related assets from of BURCO Systems Business supports this vision and we believe that the company will grow and prosper as operations are fully merged.
As Burco services begin to operate under the TNM Limited brand, the Burco product lines you are familiar with will initially retain their names with a TNM “Always with you” tagline. The BURCO company logo and any references to BURCO as a company will be replaced by TNM Business Services.
BURCO reseller partners will continue to sell all products specified in their partner agreements, and will have access to other TNM products in due course. Likewise, resellers in other TNM business products will in due course also have access to the internet service products but this will happen over time as we will need to ensure that all our dealers understand the new business.
The acquisition of Burco by TNM will create one of the most innovative business solution providers for the corporate in the industry that will help our customers manage their business communications needs and simplify the complexity of their businesses. TNM will offer a truly unique experience through premier services and best-in-class platforms:
- All products and services are being maintained and supported. We are currently working on our product development roadmap, which will be further enhanced by the combination of these two businesses.
- As we move forward, we will continue to engage with all customers and different stakeholders to understand how we can help simplify your workflow and ultimately produce purpose-built business solutions.
- More than ever, we will be the pioneer in new technologies and services that help everyone work more effectively and make smarter decisions.
- We remain committed to this business and invested in its success. We expect to build a new, best-in-breed organization - the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts.
TNM is a Malawian company that started its operations in Malawi in 1996. It was listed on the Malawi Stock Exchange in November 2008. It has over 2.5 million active subscriber base in its mobile telecommunications business. Its core products include voice and data services.
For further inquiries;
Sobhuza Ngwenya, Head - Marketing, +265 88 8839 900, email@example.com
- TNM Trading Update for six months to 30 June 2014
- TNM 2013 annual report
- TNM HY 2014 financial results
- TNM FY 2013 abridged results
- Sign up for news alerts from TNM
- View key investor valuation and trading data
- Visit the TNM Investor relations website
- Visit the TNM Corporate website
- Follow TNM on Facebook and Twitter