Just Getting Started. Brazil and China are already very active in China—but during visits to each country in the third quarter, we found that many private-sector companies are just building up their Africa strategy and presence. Both countries enjoy strong government policy support for investment in Africa. We believe companies that make electrical equipment and machinery, are involved in agribusiness, or have engineering, procurement, and construction expertise are preparing for more active engagement in many African countries. Summary version of new 60-page report here.
Africa Welcomes Partnerships with These Countries. Collectively, Brazil and China have used economic growth to bring hundreds of millions of people out of poverty in recent decades. Their expertise in this area is welcomed in Africa. And each is home to companies with products priced right—and engineered right—for Africa.
Melissa Cook Appointed to President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa. On November 5, 2014, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker announced the appointment of 15 private-sector leaders to the newly established President’s Advisory Council on Doing Business in Africa (PAC-DBIA). PAC-DBIA members—representing small, medium, and large companies from a variety of industry sectors—were selected to advise the President, through the Secretary of Commerce, on strengthening commercial engagement between the United States and Africa. Melissa Cook was honored to be one of the 15 appointees to this Advisory Council. Link to Department of Commerce press release here.
Travel and Conference Dates: Marketing in London Nov 10-12, research meetings in Nairobi Nov 14-18. New York City marketing on several dates during December. Powering Africa conference: Washington, DC, January 28-30, 2015. Visit www.energynet.co.uk or contact us for more information.
Become an ASP Client. We can save you time and money as you investigate opportunities in Africa and formulate your firm’s strategy for deploying capital on the continent. Our deep and broad research library (well over 30 reports) provides information and insights based on our over 30 trips to the continent since 2007 and meetings with contacts in our extensive network. Contact us for subscription, retainer, or advisory service pricing and options.
Subscribe in 2014 to beat 2015 price hikes. The content and knowledge we make available to our paying clients continues to expand—and we have plenty more in the pipeline for the coming year. Our prices will be going up in 2015—subscribe now to access the wealth of information available in our research library. Why work with African Sunrise Partners?
- First-hand knowledge: 5-6 trips/year to Africa, over 30 trips since 2007.
- Global perspective: 30 years’ experience in global equity research, extensive frontier and EM work.
- Sectors that matter to global investors and companies: industrials/infrastructure/power, consumer, agribusiness, tech/telecom, financial services.
- We can save you time and money: well over 30 reports in our library, 8-10 new publications each year—hard-to-find information based on our own legwork. Commentary on public and private companies, local and multinational names.
- Vast network: need to talk to a source on a key issue? We have over 6,000 names in our database—let us connect you to people on the front lines of African business.
Founder and Managing Director
African Sunrise Partners LLC
+1 845 363 4622 (phone, mobile, fax)