- Kenya’s GDP scales up 25% to KES 4.75tr (USD 53.2bn) from KES 3.8tr (USD 42.6bn).
- The rebase qualifies Kenya as a middle-income country from a low-income as per the World Bank standards.
- Now Kenya’s GDP per capita is USD 1,246, a head of USD 1,045 World Bank threshold to qualify for being middle-income country.
- Now Kenya is the 9th largest economy In Africa and 4th largest in SSA after Nigeria, South Africa and Angola.
- The rebase improves the country profile hence we forecast increased FDI inflows going forward.
View Kenyan annual reports on AfricanFinancials.com
Visit Old Mutual Securities Limited website